Have you been informed about your right to repair? If you haven’t, keep reading. Tom Hipp and his team of auto mechanics at Standard Auto Care in Sacramento want clients to know their rights when it comes to auto repair and maintenance.
Did you know?
- Car owners are not required to take their car to the dealer to maintain the warranty.
- No matter what type of car you drive – foreign or domestic – we can assist you in protecting you and your automobile’s warranty. Our ASE-Certified Auto mechanics use quality CARQUEST auto parts and service and can perform all of your vehicle’s maintenance and repairs without voiding your warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions By Owners Of New Or Leased Vehicles:
- Do I have to use the manufacturer’s original equipment parts to keep my warranty valid?
Legally, automakers cannot specify which parts are used to complete your vehicle’s service. You may use any brand-name quality parts such as CARQUEST Auto Parts to replace fan belts, hoses, brakes, exhaust or chassis parts and more.
- What do I have to do to keep my car or truck’s warranty in effect?
Make sure your vehicle is serviced at the intervals specified in your owner’s manual or warranty booklet and keep clear records of your vehicle’s maintenance. Be sure to have the date, parts installed, vehicle identification number and mileage recorded on the invoice. Keep these receipts in a safe place. If you have a service log in your owner’s manual or warranty booklet, use it.
- My car is a leased vehicle. Am I responsible for maintenance?
Even if you lease a vehicle, you are responsible for all maintenance and repairs to keep the vehicle in good working order as outlined in the owner’s manual.
- What parts should be replaced and at what intervals should these services be performed?
Check your owner’s manual. It will give you all of the information you need regarding specific parts and service intervals. Make sure to read it thoroughly and note any exceptions or severe service notations. Warranties are there to protect the consumer, but you must follow the requirements.
- What if my new car needs repairs other than regularly scheduled maintenance such as a brake job or other repairs? Do I have to return to the dealer for these repairs? What if these repairs are covered under my warranty?
The choice of where to have your car serviced and repaired is yours. However, you will probably have to take the car back to the dealer for any repairs covered under warranty. Thoroughly check your warranty to be certain which repairs are covered.
- How does the quality of aftermarket parts compare with original equipment parts?
Some are manufactured by the same supplier and may even be warranted longer than original equipment parts. Aftermarket parts supplied by CARQUEST meet or exceed manufacturers’ specifications.
- If I do have a warranty-related problem with a dealership, what rights do I have?
If you have a problem, contact the customer service department of the car manufacturer and ask for assistance. They are concerned with customer satisfaction and may be able to help.
Car owners have come to trust that our team at Standard Auto Care will provide reliable and exceptional auto repair and customer service. Our experienced and trained ASE-Certified auto mechanics will get the job done right the first time. We have earned much praise from clients because of our professionalism and a true passion for auto repair. We hope that you choose us as your leading car service center. To schedule an appointment, call us. Visit Standard Auto Care at 2240 Colfax St. Sacramento, California 95815. We look forward to your visit!