So, you are a busy Sacramento driver logging many miles every week. You rely on your car to get you to work, school, home, and all the places in between safely and reliably. You spend a lot of time with your vehicle day in and day out. But how much do you really know about your car?
If you are like most people, you probably don’t know in any great detail what’s going on under the hood of your car. And that’s ok! Finding a trusted mechanic is the first step toward updating important auto systems and keeping healthy, safe car repair a top priority. The experts at Standard Auto can tell you why you should care about the maintenance needs of your car’s internal systems – including the suspension.
1. Your Car Needs Balance. No, we’re not talking about meditation, yoga, or getting Zen with your car. We’re talking about real, literal balance. If you’ve ever been in a car that has poor suspension, you probably noticed it pulls to the left or right, jumps around on the road for seemingly no reason, and potentially delivers a pretty uncomfortable riding experience to people in the car. A suspension system that receives regular maintenance updates keeps the weight of the car evenly distributed. This means a smooth, streamlined driving experience that keeps passengers comfortable and drivers confident.
2. Better Suspension Means Better Steering. It’s not just about comfort. It’s also about getting consistent performance from your steering systems. This might not seem like a big priority, but the margin for error when you’re driving at high speeds within crowded lanes of traffic is pretty small. California traffic is especially notorious, and having reactive steering capacity you can trust makes a big difference.
3. Neglected Suspension Systems Jeopardize Tire Health. The systems of your car are all interconnected. Doing something smart for your engine can protect your transmission, for example. And the same is true of your suspension. A well-maintained suspension will protect your tires from early wear and tear, making your tire investment go further and extending the life of tires while also improving their performance. A good suspension system distributes the weight of the car evenly and applies consistent pressure across all four tires to the surface of the road.
4. Dependable Braking Isn’t A Luxury. In the fast paced world of rush hour traffic split second decisions can happen in the blink of an eye. Having reliable brakes is extremely important for drivers to stay safe and reduce the risk of accidents – but cars that don’t have good suspension maintenance are at risk of degraded brake performance and overall inferior handling. While it might not seem like the suspension is a big part of your safety, it plays a direct role in determining how responsively your brake system reacts.
5. Protecting the suspension system with regular maintenance is important to increasing the longevity of your car, staying safe on the road, and keeping reliable transportation in your life. Call 916-924-8040 and get in touch with the pros about suspension repair in Sacramento, CA, visit Standard Auto Care today.