Sacramento can sure get sizzling hot this time of year. With temperatures between 90 – 110 degrees Fahrenheit, it’s hard to stay cool whether you’re indoors or in your vehicle. But how do you know if your vehicle’s air conditioning system is doing okay or if it’s struggling to keep your car cool? Here are a few signs indicating that your vehicle’s A/C unit needs service:
1. Your air conditioner is blowing hot, even when you have it turned to the coolest setting.
2. There’s a funky smell of mildew coming from the air vents.
3. You hear strange sounds, or you don’t hear the air compressor come on at all.
4. You see puddles of water forming on your floor mats under the air vents.
5. You spot greasy film on the A/C components, indicating there’s a refrigerant leak.
If your vehicle is showing any of these signs, it would be a wise move to bring it into us here at Standard Auto Care in Sacramento. Our team of auto mechanics will perform a thorough inspection of your vehicle’s air conditioning system to determine the nature of the problem. If we see your system simply requires more refrigerant, we’ll refill it. But if we see mold and mildew, the cabin air filter needs to be replaced, or other repairs need to be made, we’ll let you know so you can tell us how you want to proceed.
Don’t let the soaring temperatures of Summer sabotage the cool comfort of your automobile. Drive over to Standard Auto Care at 2240 Colfax Street, Sacramento, CA 95815, Monday through Friday between 8 AM – 5 PM. Or, schedule an appointment with us online. We’re proud to provide some of the best auto repair services in the Sacramento area, and our auto mechanics are ready to earn your respect and trust.