Tire wear – Gas mileage – Better handling
- Let’s take tire wear for example. If you keep the tire pressure at the manufactures recommended tire pressure. Which can either be found on the door jamb or for Europeans can be found at the gas cap lid..This can increase the amount of mileage you can receive from your tires. To much air will wear the inside tires more than the rest of the tires. To low of air pressure will wear the outsides of the tires more.
- For gas mileage. The tire pressure again should be at manufactures spec or slightly above. This will reduce the rolling resistance that the tires make while rolling down the road. Lower air pressure for example makes it harder for the car to roll.
- Better handling is another example of the importance of tire pressure. To low of air pressure can cause the car to lean way to much in turns causing bad handling and possible loss of control. Too much air will cause wondering and to loose of steering.
- We are now at the age of TPMS systems. Tire pressure monitoring systems. These help in keeping the above in check. But the best way to take care of your tires is to check your air pressure once a month when cold. Also we check your tire pressure for free any time your vehicle is in our shop.
- If ever in doubt. Swing by and ask for Sean. I’m Your Shop Foreman I would be happy to check your tires for free. Anytime!
Your safety and happiness is our concern